Please join the KCPA team in this year's Susan G. Komen walk on Saturday, October 5, 2019.
The race is at Black and Veatch in Overland Park, KS, and the walk will begin at 9:00 a.m.
Register or Donate at: http://www.info-komen.org/site/TR/RacefortheCure/KNS_KansasandWesternMissouriAffiliate?pg=entry&fr_id=7574
Please contact Rachel Scribner (email@example.com) with any questions!
Event Notes from Rachel Scribner as of 9/24/19:
Walk Day Schedule
- As a reminder, the event takes place at Black & Veatch, 11401 Lamar, Overland Park, KS.
- The Event Day schedule is as follows:
- I haven’t seen any information about picking up packets prior to the day of the event. I have asked about this and will let you know when I receive that information.
Parking is tricky at any race, but especially one of this size. Here is a link to the Venue Layout Map that was provided in late August: https://komenkswmo.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/2019-Komen-KSWMO-More-Than-Pink-Walk-Venue.pdf. The Komen folks have indicated it will be updated and the venue itself will be laid out differently (please see more below under Team KCPA meeting place). However, I expect the parking locations will remain the same. Since we don’t know the location of the Teams Park (again, more on that below), I cannot say which of these locations will be the closest to park in at this time. However, this information may be useful for planning generally. I would allot a decent amount of time to get there, park, and make it to the Teams Park. Here are some parking tips from the event website: http://www.info-komen.org/site/TR?sid=6173&type=fr_informational&pg=informational&fr_id=7574.
Team Meeting Space
· Team KCPA has enough members that we have qualified for a space in the Teams Park! I will have a sign so you can locate our group, and this will be our meeting place. I would advise getting there by at least 8:40 a.m. if at all possible due to the Opening Ceremony beginning at 8:45 and the walk beginning at 9:00.
· As you may have noticed on the Venue Layout map, they did not include the anticipated location of the Teams Park. I am told that sometime early next week, we will receive an updated Event Day Venue map with that information, as well as a map with the locations of each team within the Teams Park. As soon as I have that, I will pass it along.
Here is a link to the course map: https://komenkswmo.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/2019-Komen-KSWMO-More-Than-Pink-Walk-Route.pdf.
Thank you! Please contact me with any questions!